Michael J. Jurista
8 Hillside Avenue, Suite 103
Montclair, New Jersey 07042
347 Fifth Avenue 1402-598
New York, New York 10016
Michael J. Jurista concentrates his practice primarily in the area of complex commercial litigation in New Jersey and New York. In his young career, Michael has been lead trial counsel during a three-day jury trial, worked on a wide variety of matters including multi-million dollar litigation, from inception through trial, and participated in arbitration proceedings and evidentiary hearings. In addition to his experience in commercial litigation, Michael has also participated in a wide range of matters including probate estate litigation, bankruptcy adversary proceedings and municipal court matters. Michael’s broad range of litigation experience allows his client’s to achieve an effective and cost-efficient result throughout all aspects of the litigation process.
Michael’s commercial litigation experience at the state and federal level includes representation of individuals and business organizations in complex commercial litigation involving contract disputes, defamation, civil extortion, personal injury, collections, consumer fraud, and employment disputes. Representative matters include:
- Plaintiff initiated First Amendment defamation and extortion litigation against private individual who engaged in egregious large scale picketing, mass mailing and internet campaign.
- Representation of individual who suffered nearly catastrophic injures during a police pursuit. Successfully defeated claim for summary judgment under New Jersey Tort Claims Act.
- Defense of large-scale trucking company who was repeatedly sued by former employee. Achieved dismissal of all complaints as well as an injunction against the former employee preventing him from filing future lawsuits without prior judicial approval.
- Police Director of major New Jersey city filed an order to show to cause to terminate defamatory mailing campaign. The client received a successful settlement of the matter.
- Defense of business organization sued by former employee for workers’ compensation payments. Successfully achieved dismissal of matter through deposition testimony.
J.D., New York Law School, 2008
B.A., Economics, Pennsylvania State University, 2004
Jurisdictions Admitted to PracticeNew Jersey, 2008
New York, 2009
Professional & Bar Association Memberships
2011-2012 Brennan-Vanderbilt American Inn of Court
Member Since: 2011
Before joining Ambrosio & Tomczak, Michael was an associate with the law firm of Genova, Burns & Giantomasi in Newark, New Jersey, where he practiced in the area of complex commercial litigation.
During law school and prior to becoming as an associate, Michael also worked as a law clerk at Genova, Burns & Giantomasi from 2006 through 2008.