Solid Waste Compliance & Litigation
The Firm regularly provides general corporate and counseling services and litigation services to the solid waste and recycling industry. Presently, we represent approximately 50 business entities that are engaged in the collection and disposal of solid waste and recyclable materials. Among other services that are routinely provided are:
- Business formation and general corporate services.
- Initial application, licensing and compliance with the A-901 Law and the Solid Waste Utility Control Act.
- Litigation defense provided in connection with environmental enforcement actions initiated by the NJDEP and county health and utility authorities under the Solid Waste Management Act.
- Litigation under the Public Contracts Law and review of municipal bid specifications and bid proposals.
- Transactional work and preparation of transactional filings with the NJDEP.
Firm founder, John Ambrosio, has also represented the largest publicly-owned sewer authority in New Jersey that collects and treats wastewaters generated in 38 northern New Jersey communities. Services provided to the agency Mr. Ambrosio include:
- Either directly handling or supervising all environmental litigation initiated by the authority against industrial and commercial dischargers to the wastewater treatment system. Counted among the hundreds of entities that were prosecuted are some of the largest corporations operating in the State of New Jersey.
- Assisted in the drafting of the authority's pretreatment regulations, as well as the development and implementation of rules and regulations relating to connection fees and user fees.
- Litigated numerous cases involving connections fees and user fees.
- Provided general counseling services to the authority relating to its pretreatment program and compliance with USEPA and NJDEP regulations.